The Shearwater Hotel & Spa is delighted to announce that from September your four-legged VIPs to our hotel for a staycation with their companions.
We at the Shearwater have everything covered for their arrival.
Pet Friendly Comforts:
Pet Friendly Do’s & Don’ts
· Only one Pet per room
- Pets must be accompanied and on a leash at all times and are not allowed in the food and beverage serving areas.
- There is an additional supplement on check in of €100 to cover additional cleaning charges and is non-refundable if the room has been soiled.
- Pets should not be left unattended in the room in case of disruption to other guests or upset our little four-legged friends
The Hotel is situated only 250 m away from the Ballinasloe Marina the perfect place for you and your pet to spend some time together and view the beautiful sights.
Picture Featured of Ballinasloe's Marina.
If you are feeling active and think that your friendly friend is in need of a good walk then why not try this extensive "Hymany Trail"
The Hymany Way Overview:
· Official length: 90km linear trail
· What we walked: 121.2km
· Start/end points: Ballygar - Portumna
· Trail difficulty: 2/5
· Trail Quality: 2.8/5
· · The Hymany way is a reasonably short trail from Ballygar to Portumna, in East Galway. In general, the Hymany Way is a decent trail, marred by a little overgrowth.
Some highlights of the way include the Shannon Callows, the interpretive centre for the Battle of Aughrim in 1691, and the lovely town of Portumna on Lough Derg. The walk has a reasonable amount of off-road sections - in particular, the last segment from Meelick Harbour to Portumna is entirely off-road, on a raised embankment along the Shannon (however, this section is not open all year). I would not recommend this walk to anybody with hayfever, as much of the trail goes through untamed fields or river banks.
To avoid disappointment, please contact our reservations team directly should you or your furry friend require anything additionally.
Call us on 09096 30400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org